Monday, July 06, 2020

The Rank

For all these years, I wonder what I did wrong. Why wouldn't anyone stay? I tried to pinpoint where I misunderstood. Until today.

A dear friend stopped by and we had a cute chat over a box of fresh lychee when he casually mentioned about the rank my rational mind has made all this time. "Your son is first, no question about that. And it is also clear that the work comes second. Others can be on the third or fourth place, if you want and if they agree. And as far as I know, only limited man willing to be considered number 3, voluntarily. No exception. Nor for me. "

Suddenly I miss the one that will be there all the way. You know who you are.

2 comments:

derry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

You didn't do anything wrong with your priority. It's a natural approach. In fact your rationale is ahead of people who would put the rank other way around.
It doesn't need 15 years to agree with your view.

The person who aligned with your mind in the first place must have seen deeper than anyone else. And if he stays on -even if now become number 7 or 8 having you had tested the water out there- he must be driven by something true: love inside and out… and he eventually could be yours.