Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Missing... Who? What?

It has been a while since the last time we talked. And there are so many things I want to share with you. So many moments I want you to witness. But... where are you?

And then I learnt to let things go by, try to swallow everything, keep them all by myself. And amazingly, I can do that. I am indeed stronger than I thought. Everything went on very well.

Then one thing crossed my mind... do I really miss you?

Or I just miss the light conversations with you on my way to office? Your calls during the day? Your story of the kids? Your notes, here and there, asking about my whereabout? Your lunch reminders? Your smile when seeing me in my office lobby? Your gentle ways of driving me home? Your surprise flowers? Your hand holding mine? Our midnight chat about your dreams? Our ideas of future homes?

Basically those were merely things. And we know for sure: things disappeared eventually. So... why bother?

No comments: