Friday, October 21, 2005

The Thing She Can be Addicted To

(An Sms)
Him: Hey you, what are you doing now?
Her: Busy. I am writing up a new article.
Him: You sound unhappy.
Her: I am just tired. This is the 2nd article I have to write today.
Him: Anything I can do to cheer you up?
Her: Can you call me? I want to hear you voice....
Him: I'll do that in the next 20 minutes, after I am done with my meeting. Ok?
Her: Ok. Thanks.

(20 minutes later, a phone call)
Him: Hi there....
Her: Hey...
Him: Still working on your article?
Her: Yes, and I kind of have a writer's block.
Him: What should I do to make you happy?
Her: Drive here and hug me.
Him: Is that what you want?
Her: Forget it. You cannot drive for 2 hours just to do that.
Him: Do you really want me to come to your place?
Her: Hmm....
Him: Ok. If that is what you want, go downstairs. I'll meet you there.
(He cut the call)

(She called him back)
Her: You are joking.
Him: No. I'm in the city, and now I'm in front of your office. Just go downstairs.
Her: Why don't you go up to the 3rd floor and see me? I don't trust you.
Him: I cannot find any spot to park my car. And I can't just leave my car here, can I?
Her: You are kidding me....
Him: No. Just go downstairs.
(He cut the call again)

(She called him again)
Her: You are not here, aren't you?
Him: Just go downstairs and see me.
Her: No, you can't be in the city. Not today.
Him: Who says that?
(He cut the call again)

She finally went downstairs.... And there he was, in his car, in front of her office... holding a bouquet of roses.... And she got more than one hug. What a nice surprise.

No comments: