Friday, September 16, 2005

Heaven

I was very very very busy lately. With my working in and out of the office, with my edgy situation, with my feeling... with my life... up to the point I realize I didn't spend enough time with my Aria. I skipped a lot of his morning bath time because I had to leave the house so early, and most of the time I came home very late long after he fell asleep.

Yesterday, I was so tired I didn't even remember driving home. I left around 6, and got home by 12... By the time I entered my room, of course my Aria was already in his bed. Since I didn't see him the whole day, I was quite happy to know it was around 12.30, time for his midnight milk. I picked him up and kissed his cheek to wake him up. He didn't open up his eyes, but he drank his milk anyway.

Usually, after he finished his milk I would put him back to his baby box, but I didn't do that last night. I let him sleep in my bed. He slept on his tummy, as usual, his cute face was facing toward me. I wanted to put my arm around his back, but then I saw his little fingers were looking for something, so I gave my hand and he held it like didn't want to let it go. I let my face glued to my baby's forehead, I could smell his scent. I could not remember the last time we slept in the same bed... but I will never forget that my baby was the only one keeping me from falling apart.

With my hand in his hand, it was very uncomfortable position for me. After almost the whole week of exhaustion, even though I was so tired and I knew I would wake up with back pain if I stayed in that position -it really was not a healthy pose, still I felt something better than happy in my heart being so close to my Aria. With Harry Connick Jr. sang More in the background... it almost felt like heaven.



This is one of many moments I want to share with you. Just as I wanted to share the green scenery I enjoyed in the golf course, or the blue ocean I saw when playing with my son by the beach under the morning sun, or the nice book I found in the bookstore, or the silly stories I heard from those executives on that stupid tel-conference, or the Ruth's concert last night .... I really want to share a lot of things, with you. You know who you are.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ibu, jangan terlalu letih ya :) take care sist ...

Morningdew said...

Ah :)